Each day, Immigration Counseling Service (ICS) works to support immigrants and refugees in Oregon and SW Washington. As anti-immigrant laws and policies are implemented nationwide, it is even more important than ever that we unite as a community to ensure that all people, regardless of immigration status, religion, or nationality, are treated with dignity and respect. Many people have reached out to us recently asking how they can support ICS. Here is a list of ideas on how to help ICS and the immigrant community in the Pacific Northwest:
1. ICS is in urgent need of additional funds to allow us to continue and expand our work. In addition to providing quality legal representation, we are also increasing our community education and outreach. Additional donations will allow us to expand our services and remain financially stable in this challenging time. Make a DONATION by going to our website and clicking on the donate button. http://ics-law.org/
2. VOLUNTEER your time and skills. Please let us know your interests and background by filling out the following survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3BLFCMD
3. FUNDRAISE. Host a small fundraiser with your friends, neighbors, colleagues, or family. Some ideas include a house party, luncheon, happy hour, or anything else you can think of! Please let ICS know if you are planning a fundraiser as we can provide informational materials and possibly a speaker for the event. No donation is too small.
4. SHARE our Facebook page with your friends.
5. GET INVOLVED in local immigrant rights advocacy. Visit Causa’s website for more information: http://causaoregon.org/.